Monday, September 23, 2013

Sharing the Gospel

This past six weeks I have also had the chance to progress in work outside of school. I am a leader for a Young Life Girl's Bible Study organization called Coffee Talk. We meet once a month and discuss relevant high school girl issues, ultimately bringing girls to the word of Christ and spreading the love and grace of Jesus. As I have been involved in this group over the past four years of high school, I have been blessed to have the opportunity to move into a leadership position in which I-and my partner- get to mentor over a small group of freshmen girls. We meet them, love on them, pray for them, and pour into them as much as we can. We get to give them advice over high school and be there for whatever they need. This month was the kickoff and we had our first meeting that went better than I could have ever imagined. I now have met the girls that I feel have been chosen to be in my group for a specific reason only God  knows and has planned. This privilege is important to me, for I get the chance to mentor girls inside and outside of school and teaches me responsibility, commitment, and accountability to pursue the Lord and His path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment